September 13, 2017 – The Jack News released the results of its recent online poll about a theoretical re-do of the 2016 presidential election.
The poll, which was live on site from September 5 through September 11, asked two questions that attempted to gauge the level of heartburn among voters ten months after last year’s voting.
Nearly one in five would change their votes
The first question asked “If you had the chance to cast your ballot again in the 2016 presidential election, would you change your vote”. 82 percent of respondents felt they made the right choice last year.
The other 18 percent wanted to change their votes.
Many chose to vote for Gary Johnson again
The second question was, “If the 2016 election for President of the United States were held today, for whom would you vote?” The responses showed that readers of The Jack News are and were very favorably disposed to the candidacy of Gary Johnson.
Johnson received 77.3 percent of responses.
As with the actual election last year, Donald Trump came in second place, and received 13.2 percent of responses. He was followed by Hillary Clinton at 5.8 percent, and Jill Stein in distant fourth place at 3.7 percent.
According to a Reuters/Ipsos poll published in July, most Trump voters hadn’t changed from their support for the president, with 88 percent of those surveyed saying they’d do it again.
Other recent Jack News Polls include:
- Whether to Support or Oppose President Trump’s Pardon of Joe Arpaio
- Vote to Remove Statue of Robert E. Lee from Charlottesville Park
- Three Front-Runners Emerge For The 2020 Libertarian Party Presidential Nomination
- Property Rights Trumps Right to Be Free From Discrimination in Latest Jack Poll
- Jack Poll Results About Promoting the Liberty Agenda in the Missouri U.S. Senate Seat
- The 2020 Libertarian Party Presidential Preference
(Image produced using photos by Gage Skidmore)